Randomness from the depths of my Subconcious ;)
###BEFORE YOU READ###



happy reading :)

Gibberishh

Hiya! . hmm a blog.. this is interesting. ... hello and welcome?

Most of my posts would be personal thoughts, or just some random words to keep this blog updated :)

Whenever something interesting happens in my life, im sure to put it in here. oh yea my name is Roger, and .. I love anime.
Japanese anime. I found a love for all things anime back in late 2010. A certain somebody introduced me to bleach, and it grew massive from there. From movies to merchandise to collectibles, you name it. Everything... except manga. i'm too lazy to read. LOL

I like to make stuff, and im good with my hands, give me a broken toy with electronic components and im sure i can fix it.
I can build big contraptions out of metal and wood. And i'm excellent with steel and aluminum. ;)

I can be boring, so.. hope that doesnt influence my blog.
Im definitely not good with html, css and all those web page codes, so dont expect this page to be .. "Out there", plus i like to keep things simple ")

BTW, feed my fish !!! they're at the bottom of page.

Clik thise if you dare. lol?



ENJOY MY BLOG PPLS! :) COLOURFULLL

Sunday, July 26, 2009

finally got pics

For those of you who dont believe that i have made this fully working crane, then you are a close minded person. if u want some real proof, just ask me during school, and ill show you a video of my creation, full yworking while i press the buttons. Currently, i cant upload it as the file is too large, or maybe i am just to lazy. LOL

remember when i said i would posts pictures of my holiday project on friday? well guess what i didnt. LOL kinda forgot until now. anyway heres the pics i promised.

this project stole 5 days of my life, it included back pain, wasting a whole roll of electrical tape, more than 1 meter of electrical wire, 2 bottles of superglue (they are really small bottles), a lot of sweat, a little bit of blood (i cut my finger twice and stuck a solder into my thumb 3 times. luckily it was only a slight tap, but it left a burnt meat smell. LMFAO) also cost me 2 batteries, some soldering metal, 1/100 of a permanent marker, a few screws from my hobby box, a bit of fishing line, some clear base silicone, some sewing grade thread, an unused frame for a Pet Door, some scrap metal, two lego bits and a broken finger-nail. LOL

the result was overwhelming, but soon, this project, like many others will end up in the garden shed, and soon to go into the bin. what a waste ==" rofl

This is my creation. it may look ugly, but it performs greatly. As you can see, theres a counterbalance weight (the white thing on the left). The Buttons and switches at the bottom.
The whole thing is mounted on an old frame for a LaserDisc player, which is mounted on an old frame for a Pet Door(the wood thing) which i found in the garden shed (you can find a lot of useful things there LOL)

The top part of the crane (Hanging out) was made from some leftover aluminium from my last project (the rail gun) LOL

This is a closeup of the buttons and switches which move the crane and make it pick up stuff etc etc. this part almost killed my back, and this is where i had the solder stuck in my thumb the first and second time. LOL the buttons were real small and it was hard to solder the wires :P

my favourite switch is th blue one on the left, it moves so nicely. ROFL

Lots of electrical tape used for the wires.



This is a closeup of the gears and motor which lifts and lowers the hook (which picks up stuff)
This part cost me one stab in the thumb with the solder. LOL
I also broke a finger nail here while trying to clamp the aluminium to the base of the crane.
A LOT OF SUPERGLUE went into this part. plus the pieces kept falling off stupid 10 seconds to set my ass. LOL
u can see the wieght in the background on the right ;)



This is an interesting view. I moved the crane so you can see both the front of the head, and the base. This is where the copper electrical wire came into use, i used it to make tracks for the hooks "House" to move back and forth along the crane. This is where i got my first cut, i forgot to file the aluminium after i cut it, and it was sharp. LOL, i got my second cut from the copper wires, well technically it was more of a stab. loose end went into my rude finger. ahahhaas
yea.. the white thing on top is to hold a few strings to balance the fram, i couldnt find anything else.


Underneath. theres my batteries :) some more tape and wires. u may not see clearly, but the black thing on top left corner is a gearbox thingy. that turns my crane clockwise and vice versa. it didnt fit at first, so i had to glue some lego pieces to make it fit. LOL
anyways yea. that concludes my description, hope u enjoyed reading about my holiday project.

any comments?
btw does anyone else like to make things, cus i feel lonered. LOL In case u guys didnt know yet/or for those mentally disabled, this is a toy pickup crane made from 101% scrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment